Top 10 Reasons Why Stone Temple Pilots Suck Even More Now Than Before
10. Scott Weiland isn’t shooting heroin anymore (presumably).
9. Since they’re active again, their shitty songs are as ubiquitous on radio as they were before. And, for some reason, it’s impossible to get through a nationally televised MLB game without hearing them.
8. Now they’re on Facebook.
7. Prior to the recent release of their new studio album, they’d been pushing a greatest-hits album called Buy This. And it was only available at Best Buy.
6. Thanks to their performance at South by Southwest this year, the festival has officially jumped the shark.
5. Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain are rolling around in their graves again.
4. Good luck finding a summer rock fest that doesn’t have them on the bill.
3. Their new pseudo-neo-hippie album marketing campaign revolves around fleur de lis and a hand gesturing the peace sign.
2. Kinda takes the fun out of the Pavement reunion knowing that Stone Temple Pilots are back in the game too.
1. It’s 2010. And sadly, we still have to live with a band that goes by the name “Stone Temple Pilots.”